Students in grades six, seven and eight comprise our Middle School. Our academic program begins in homeroom and then the children rotate classes between three main teachers and five part time teachers.
• History of the Catholic Church from early church through Vatican II
• Family Life Program
• Class Retreat
Reading and Language Arts
In Grades 7 and 8 the text utilized is a Literature-based text. During their Language Arts time they are also taught Writing, Grammar, parts of speech, punctuation and spelling. All classes incorporate a daily oral language review.
• Literature themes: Short Story, Poetry, Drama, Non-Fiction, Novels, Fiction
• Reading for information (current events)
• Elements of fiction
• Writing: Essays, Paragraph Development, Persuasive Writing, Incorporating Research
• Grammar: Parts of speech and usage
• Propaganda techniques used in advertising
• Skit and oral presentations
• PowerPoint presentations
• Real Numbers and Right Triangles
• Two and Three Dimensional Figures
• Graphing Functions
• System of Equations and Inequalities
• Exponential Functions
• Polynomials and Factoring
• Quadratic Equations and Functions
• Rational Equations and Functions
• American History: 1880’s -2003
• Current Events
• Geography: Europe
Each Science class consists of weekly labs and participation in the annual Science Fair. Eighth grade focuses on Earth and Physical Science:
• Energy and Motion
• Property and Changes of Matter
• Atoms, atomic bonds, chemical reactions
Additional Middle School academics and activities for eighth grade students:
• Spanish classes four times per week
• Weekly Physical Education, Art, Library and Music class
• The students may participate in a band program that runs independently in the school. Band students may also participate in the regional honors band.
• The students are taught to demonstrate their knowledge with projects, testing, and oral presentations.
• Students who achieve academic honors are recognized at our quarterly honors assembly.
• Class Masses, Social Justice Service projects, younger grade buddy activities, middle school team building events and sports. Middle School students are invited to join all of the youth activities for Saint Bridget Parish.