The preschool program is an age appropriate early childhood educational curriculum provided in a safe and nurturing environment.
Curriculum content and teaching strategies respect the individuality of each learner. We promote a hands-on program that uses learning centers as a means for active learning. Discovery through play is the primary vehicle for teaching young children.
• The child to have a friendship with God
• A caring attitude for others
• A deep respect for all that God has created
• Participation in prayer
• Language and communication development
• Participation in small and large group activities
• Respect and empathy for peers and teachers
• Use of appropriate language and expression of emotions and feelings
• Recognizing similarities and differences in people
• Interacting cooperatively with peers and learning how to resolve conflicts
• Ability to transition and follow rules
• Ability to speak clearly and use complex sentences and vocabulary
• Listening carefully to stories and book knowledge
• Coordination of large muscle movements
• Caring for self independently
• Movement through classroom environment with control
• Coordination of small muscle movements
• Use of various strategies for problem solving
• Skills in many areas such as: sorting objects, comparing and contrasting, ordering, relating numerals to quantities, sequence of events, letter/sound recognition, printing of letters/name, using print to convey meaning, patterns, inferences, continuing/creating patterns, using experiments for investigation.
• Building ,constructing, drawing and painting
• Imagination in play
• Participating in musical experiences
At the end of the year we feel we have cultivated a positive self-image and have prepared the child for the next level of learning.